Friday Jan, 12 2018 – Eventspace Bogen D @ Zurich
What is the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards?
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for students who own and operate a business while attending college or university (including Swiss “Fachhochschule”). Student entrepreneurs compete against their peers from around the world in a series of local and/or national competitions in hopes to qualify for the EO GSEA Finals. GSEA is an Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) program.
The EO GSEA Vision
Empowering student entrepreneurs to become the world’s most in uential change makers.
The EO GSEA Mission
To give student entrepreneurs the opportunity to accelerate their success, challenge the status quo, connect to an instrumental peer group and make the greatest impact possible on their community.
The program consists of a series of locally-hosted competitions for student entrepreneurs attending a recognized college, Fachhochschule or university. The competitions are held in a live setting, requiring qualified student entrepreneurs to make a formal presentation to a panel of judges. The panel is made up of leading entrepreneurs, business executives, college/university campus leaders, members of the media and past EO GSEA Finalists. The judges then ask questions and evaluate the student entrepreneurs and their businesses against the specific judging criteria, as well as provide constructive feedback. Winners are selected based on the students’ scores from the specific judging criteria.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
Swiss Competition Prizes
EO GSEA-CH participants compete for a prize package worth more than CHF 33,000: CHF 8,000 in cash, donated business services and memberships at premium entreprenerial incubators and programs:
- Cash prizes: CHF 5000 (#1) / 2000 (#2) / 1000 (#3)
- One year membership in the EO Accelerator Program (value CHF 8,000) for the three first place winners.
- One year membership with ImpactHub Zurich for the three first place winners (value over CHF 10,000)
- Participation in the mentorship training of EO Switzerland – Zurich
- One year mentoring by an experienced EO entrepreneur for the top three
- Publication of short profile and presentation of the three winners at EO Switzerland-Zurich
EO GSEA participants compete for a global prize package worth more than US$400,000: US$20,000 in cash, donated business services and a paid trip (airfare and lodging) to compete in the EO GSEA Finals. They will take place in April 2018 in Toronto.
Student participants also experience:
- High-visibility networking with leading EO members
- Receive exciting media opportunities
- Gain access to a global peer group
- Receive written feedback from the judges
- Increase business awareness, brand identity and credibility
- Build new high-level mentor relationships
- Learning webinars featuring exclusive content and keynote speakers
Supporters of the Swiss Competition
Read more here: